« Back to News & Notices

Property Tax Questions


There have been a number of questions regarding property taxes, so we would like address those here.

1. The Village issues tax bills once a year. Bills will go out some time in July and will be due in mid-September.

2. Tax rolls are usually sent to the Emmet County Treasurer by the end of October. If you haven't paid your taxes by then, you will need to contact the Emmet County Treasurer's office for the balance due. You can reach them at 231-348-1702.

3. Village property owners also pay township taxes, which are twice a year. The bills sent in July are due in mid-September; the bills sent in November are due the following February.

If your property is north of Robinson Road, you will need to contact the McKinley Township Treasurer, Elizabeth Readmond, at 231-537-2437.

If your property is south of Robinson Road, you will need to contact the Maple River Township Treasurer, Nancy Salar, at 231-203-3305.